Friday, March 18, 2016

It was supposed to be 26 In 56...

...And I managed to completely forget about it.  So I have around 3 1/2 months to knit 26 pairs of socks.

Yeah, I'm feeling a little stupid for that.

Thankfully I have small feet and I knit fast, so let's take a peek at what I'm knitting.




The top pic is Leafie, by Trude Hertaas.  Absolutely recommend every last one of Trude's patterns, since they're all unique and knit fast.  Or...Would if I'd actually knit on them.  Yarn is KnitPicks Stroll Handpainted in discontinued colorway Budgie.  These might be taking forever, but that yarn is squishy soft and these are going to be a fine pair of socks in my favorite colors once they're done.  (Project Page)

The second one is a 56 stitch plain vanilla sock with no pattern of my own devising, and is going to have a shortrow heel very soon.  Just as soon as I finish that last red stripe on the leg, as a matter of fact.  I need a pair of rainbow striped socks, so I'm finally making them.  Yarn is KnitPicks discontinued Felici in Rainbow with Stroll Tweed in Oyster Heather for cuffs, heels, and future toes.  (Project Page)

Last, but certainly not least, is a test knit I'm doing for Kathrin Steinhauer, which doesn't have a pattern page as of yet.  It's a fun, quick, addictive cabled design with lots of texture, and they feel awesome even with the texture along the sole of the foot (which was a personal choice on my part).  Yarn is KnitPicks Palette in Rouge.  I'm so glad I don't have feet that sweat very much, because being able to make socks out of untreated pure wool is great.  (Project Page)

I've got several more patterns lined up, and the way I figure, to reach that goal means I've got to knit four pairs of socks a week.  Absolutely doable, but I guess I'm kissing goodbye to my sock yarn stash.  That's okay, it just means more room to buy more, right?

As for my absolutely homely and homemade sock blockers...This is an experiment to see if I'll use them, before I lay down actual money for a real set.  So far, they work great, being made out of a boot box and packing tape, besides.  I'll find the tutorial I used to make them and link them up in the next post, because it's going to be all socks, all the time around here until I'm done.



0 comments:

Post a Comment